Sunday, August 3, 2014

August is Indie Month Day 3!

Day 3 is a little bit more of a bright and fun polish. Today I've got Suess from Whimsical Ideas by Pam on. This is what I would probably call a bright blue jelly with different glitter pieces that remind you very much of the Cat in the Hat overall.

This is two coats, no top coat. Once again, I probably should have gone for a third coat. The glitter application was easy and quite even on all but one of my nails where I just didn't seem to get any. You can see there are silver/white and red hexes in different sizes as well as smaller glitter pieces scattered throughout.

Apologies for the cuticles getting a little dry at this point. I did several swatches all at once and they weren't quite pleased with me.

Honestly I love this color. I don't wear glitter polish nearly as much as I should because I always enjoy it when I do. This is an absolutely stunning shade of blue and it makes me smile when I look down and think of my childhood. Fun and playful, as nail polish should be!

Great formula, easy application, just a tiny bit of trouble with the glitters being uneven on one finger. I'm sure a third coat could have fixed that. The staying power is decent, three days was how long I wore this in the past.
Indoors with flash.

Indoors, indirect sunlight.

Indoors under halogen lights with flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment